Please note that individual productions may have seperate mask guidance. Refer to the show page and your confirmation emails for further information
Theater Wit follows the community masking guidelines recommended by Chicago Department of Public Health and CDC Community Risk Levels as outlined below (https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/covid-dashboard.html).
- When Community Risk Level is HIGH (Red)- high quality mask required at all times indoors and in large groups
- When Community Risk Level is MEDIUM (yellow) - Masks are recommended indoors and in large groups. If you are immunocompromised or at higher risk, consider wearing a mask at indoor public settings where vaccination status is unknown.
- When Community Risk Level is LOW (green)- masks will be optional. If you are immunocompromised or at higher risk, consider wearing a mask at indoor public settings where vaccination status is unknown.
- Masking in not required in the lobby or shared spaces.
- If you choose to wear a mask, you may bring drinks and food from our bar into the spaces and lower your mask while actively drinking/eating.
Current Community Risk Level is MEDIUM. It is recommended but not required that patrons wear face coverings inside performance spaces, barring individual production guidance.
Free Exchanges due to illness
If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend :) Contact our box office on the day of performance and we will reschedule your ticket at no charge.
Our upgraded HVAC systems increase the number of air exchanges to remove aerosolized droplets and provide updated filtering to meet CDC and city standards.
On behalf of the producers, staff and performers, we issue a heartfelt thank you to our audiences who make these generous accomodations for the health of all. We also thank you for respecting the choices of others regarding mask use in our space.