Director of Development and Engagement
Working in partnership with the Producing Artistic Director, the Director of Development and Engagement will oversee and ensure the timely and effective execution of development activities related to individual, foundation, and corporate fundraising through traditional appeals and new engagement strategies. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Working with staff and board to develop and adopt annual development plans and coordinating efforts to reach established goals and objectives.
- Creating high quality communications in print and digital forms that reflect the values and tone of the organization, while accomplishing identified goals.
- Managing the research, identification, writing, submission, and acknowledgement of grant applications and awards. Acting as liaison to program officers.
- Creating and implementing objectives related to individual giving, such as prospect research, identification, development, solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship.
- Writing and distributing gift acknowledgement letters in a timely, professional and personal manner
- Creating and writing appeal letter packages, email solicitations, event invitations, and donor newsletters.
- Managing the mailing and distribution of all development communications.
- Coordinating and attending stewardship and fundraising events with staff, board and volunteers.
- Managing the donor database: enter and protect donor information, create and analyze donor reports to evaluate initiatives and set goals.
- Facilitating board involvement in fundraising and implementing moves management processes.
- Attending board meetings and reporting on development activities.
- Analyzing and projecting development income and expenses for annual budgets, special projects and related programming.
- Collaborating on projects and events with other staff, board and volunteers related to development and operations.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize appropriately
- Ability to work efficiently with detail under time constraints
- Strong writing skills for communicating with a variety of constituents
- Strong interpersonal skills required to collaborate with staff, board and donors
- Ability to effectively prioritize and work independently and as a team member
- Willingness to assume responsibility and follow-through.
- Passion for the arts
- Strong computer skills including Excel-or-equivalent (Salesforce a plus but not required)
- 2-3 years experience in not-for-profit fundraising and development work, with experience in Chicago a plus.
Competetive salary offered, commensurate with experience
Submit your resume here
Assistant Director: The Realistic Joneses
Assist director Jeremy Wechsler on the Chicago premiere of Will Eno's comedy in conjunction with the author.
- Attending all rehearsals and design meetings
- Taking notes (for me and from you)
- Attend playwright and outreach even>urrounding the show
- Running some post-show discussions
- Run understudy rehearsals
Design meetings are underway. Rehearsal is chiefly evenings and weekends starting December 19. The show opens Jan 22nd and runs through March 9th.
Submit your application here
At this time we have no way to keep/catalog/review electronic headshots and resumes. For casting consideration, please mail a hard copy of your pic and resume to:
1229 W Belmont
Chicago, IL 60657
Thanks for your interest in submitting your work to Theater Wit. At this time, we are accepting agent submissions *or* work from any playwright based in Chicago. To submit, please send a cover letter, synopsis and 20-page excerpt of the work. I only accept electronic submissions (pdf, final draft or rtf) so I can carry them around on my iPad, which is the only way we can manage the backlog. Also, on the subject of backlog, there is a small group of volunteers reading scripts, so my delay time is a horrifying six months, for which I apologize in advance.
If after all those caveats, you're still interested, we use Submittable so we don't lose track of manuscripts.